In order to proceed with an appeal, Bishop Milner Catholic College will require you to fill in the form at the bottom of this page. Please carefully read through the ‘Important Information for Students’ section. Once you have completed the form, save it making sure you name the document with the word “Appeal” followed by your name e.g. “Appeal – Joe Smith”. Please email all forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
By providing us with a completed form, we have your permission to be able to conduct an investigation in the form of a Centre Review. This will clarify if:
• An administrative error such as the wrong grade/mark was recorded against an item of evidence and/ or
• If a procedural error such as a failure to take into account mitigating circumstances.
You must request a centre review before you can request an awarding organisation appeal. This is so the awarding organisation is certain that your grade is as Bishop Milner Catholic College intended.
What may happen to your grade during the centre review and appeals process?
When you request a centre review or an awarding organisation appeal there are three possible outcomes:
• Your original grade is lowered, so your final grade will be lower than the original grade you received.
• Your original grade is confirmed, so there is no change to your grade.
• Your original grade is raised, so your final grade will be higher than the original grade you received.
Once a finding has been made, you cannot withdraw your request for a centre review or appeal. If your grade has been lowered you will not be able to revert back to the original grade you received on results day.
We will respond to your request within 15 working days.