This summer we are pleased to report on another successful year of GCSE examination results. We are delighted to report on success in English, with 90% of students achieving a standard pass or higher and a staggering 77% achieving a strong pass or higher.
Our top performing student was Chloe McColgan whose exceptional performance ensured that she achieved the highest possible grades in all eleven of her examinations, with three 9 grades and eight A* grades. Chloe will be joining our Sixth Form in September to pursue A Level courses in Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology as she pursues her lifelong dream of a career in medicine.
Other notable performances are as follows :
· Mirindar Sangha – 1 x 9, 6 x A*, 1 x Distinction, 1 x A, 1 x 8, 1x 7
· Amrit Kaur – 5 x A*, 1 x 8, 2 x A, 2 x 7
· Laura Philpott – 4 x A*, 2 x A, 1 x 8, 1 x 7, 1 x 5
· Riana Patel – 1 x A*, 1 x Distinction*, 3 x 8, 5 x A
· George Butler – 4 x A*, 1 x 9, 1 x Distinction*, 1 x A, 2 x 7
· Luke Parkes – 3 x A*, 1 x 9, 1 x Distinction*, 1 x 8, 2 x A, 1 x 7
· Aimee Ingram – 3 x A*, 1 x Distinction*, 2 x 8, 2 x A, 1 x 7, 1 x B
· Emma Jukes – 1 x A*, 1 x 9, 5 x A, 2 x 7, 1 x B
In addition to these exceptional performances, we also celebrate a number of other excellent individual achievements.
Principal Steve Haywood stated, “Along with support from Bishop Milner staff and parents, such outstanding results are testament to the hard work of students and are thoroughly deserved. We are delighted to see so many successful performances and wish all students a bright and happy future. We also look forward to welcoming many of our Year 11 cohort back into Bishop Milner Sixth Form, along with a significant number of students from other schools”.
We have a small number of places left available on Sixth Form courses for a September 2017 start – any students who are interested in applying are advised to contact the college directly to discuss their options.
Mr David Handy (Sixth Form Progress Leader)
E-Mail : email@example.com
Bishop Milner Catholic College