The European-wide General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is being incorporated into UK law and will apply even when we have left the European Union. The reason for it is that we all need protection from data theft and identity theft. This has become more widespread in recent years with so much data being collected for organisations, governments and social media. So the new law should help us to protect everyone; children, parents/carers and staff members at the St John Bosco Catholic Academy.
One of the main demands of the new law is to ensure transparency about what data we collect, what we do with your data, who it is shared with and how long we keep records for.
So we need to keep you informed.
This will be a developing part of the website to keep everyone updated on where we are up to as we try to be fully compliant with the law.
As a start, to fully comply with requirements on Privacy Notices and Consent we are providing these below.
- Data Protection Policy – GDPR
- Parent Privacy Notice
- Photography and Filming Consent Form
- Photography and Filming Consent Withdrawal Form
- Privacy Notice for Pupils
- Privacy Notice for Staff
- Privacy Statement for Governors, Trustees and Volunteers
- Privacy Statement for Job Applicants
- Privacy Statement – Parent’s Own Data